In episode #7 of Guys with Feelings, Jaemin and Gabe welcome Peter Krouse to discuss becoming a software engineer in just 9 months, conscious dog parenting, ethical men’s fashion, the virtues of slow reading, and more!
Send us thoughts, feedback, and Quick Picks of your own at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2:47) What Are You Bringing to the Table?
• Peter: How he went from working in a travel company to being a software engineer in just 9 months!
– (8:39) Advice: do self-exploration first. It’s a lot of money to invest in a bootcamp or any kind of transition without knowing if you’ll be genuinely interested in it.
– (10:50) The most successful people spent the least amount of time worrying about your outcome at the end.
(24:50) Advice: If you’re not passionate about it, it’s not going to be worth your time.
• (27:25) Gabe: Working with a conscious dog trainer has made all the difference with their dog’s behavior issues.
(39:00) Quick Picks
• Peter’s #1: Journey (videogame)
• Gabe’s #1: Make your phone less appealing by turning it to black & white; and answering the phone immediately when you get a call.
• Jaemin’s #1: The benefits of Slow Reading (the anti Speed Reading).
• (56:52) Peter’s #2: Well-Spent.com (men’s fashion blog focusing on responsibly made, ethical fashion)
• Gabe’s #2: Ghettoside: A True Story of Murder in America by Jill Leovy
• Jaemin’s #2: Viewing exercise for it’s emotional/mental benefit, rather than physical.
Find Us Online